Driving Directions to Solvang
Solvang is centrally located in the heart California Central Coast Santa Barbara County wine country.
Until the US-101 is open at Montecito, travelers from Los Angeles and points south of Carpinteria must travel north on Interstate 5 to HWY 166 (Mettler Exit) to HWY 101 South at Santa Maria, to HWY 246 (Solvang Exit) to get to Solvang. Using this route from Downtown Los Angeles is 226 miles and takes less than four hours.
Once the HWY 101 is open at Montecito, you may resume using the directions below.
- Take US-101 N (signs for Ventura Fwy/Ventura)
- Continue north for approximately 135 miles
- In Buellton take exit 140A for CA-246 toward Lompoc/Solvang
- At the top of ramp, turn right onto CA-246 E and continue 3 miles to Solvang.
- Take US-101 S. Travel approximately 295 miles south.
- Take the Solvang/Lompoc Exit 140 A - CA 246, turn left. Travel three miles to Solvang.
Parking is FREE everywhere throughout Solvang including free day-time parking for RVs and tour buses!
View our current digital Solvang and the Santa Ynez Valley Visitor Guide Online!
Request a FREE Visitor Guide or view our online Solvang Visitor Guide. Santa Barbara County Wine Country, California, in the Santa Ynez Valley.