23rd Annual Taste of Solvang, March 18-22, 2015
Check back often for more updated details. Advance ticket purchases are highly recommended.
Take a culinary journey through Solvang, where wine country meets "dine country".
In its 23rd year, Taste of Solvang has become a destination event for wine and food lovers, alike. Featuring something for everyone - from farm-to-table, rustic Italian cuisine, to New American and modern Danish fare, to desserts in all forms, to award-winning beers and world-class wines - Taste of Solvang offers a "menu" of events that is sure to please!
Check back often for more updated event details.
Advance ticket purchases are highly recommended; tickets will go on sale September 27, 2014.
Wednesday, March 18 through Sunday, March 22, 2015
(Tentative Event Schedule)
Wednesday, March 18 | 2:30 PM
Farmers Market Chef Walk
• Meet Chef David Cecchini of Solvang's Cecco Ristorante, for a lively and informative guided walk through Solvang's Weekly Farmers Market. Chef Cecchini will lead guests on a culinary shopping tour that will serve as a precursor to a wood-fired pizza-making demo and tasting at Cecco Ristorante, utilizing ingredients from the group's Farmers Market haul. Space is extremely limited; reservations are required.
Friday, March 20 | 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sips & Sweets
• Join a variety of hand-picked, local wineries, and multiple professional and amateur pastry chefs and bakers, for this bountiful dessert reception and wine tasting event where guests will have the pleasure of voting for "Best Dessert". Live music and dancing will accompany the symphony of Sips & Sweets, during this decadent evening showcasing some of Solvang's best food and drink crafters.
(Participating local wineries and pastry chefs/bakers TBA.)
Saturday, March 21 | 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
"Grand Tasting" Event (aka "Walking Smorgaasbord")
• Snack and shop your way through Solvang as more than 30 businesses welcome Grand Tasting guests with edible, and imbibable, treats. Wander Solvang's many unique boutiques, tasting rooms and other intriguing merchants, while sampling participating businesses' delightful delicacies and tasty offerings. As an added bonus, the Hans Christian Andersen Museum and the Wildling Museum will offer free admission for Grand Tasting ticket holders.
Saturday, March 21 | 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM - and -- Sunday, March 22 | 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Solvang Wine & Beer Walk (includes Souvenir Wine Glass)
• Taste your pick from more than a dozen participating wine tasting rooms, wine bars and beer bars, on this popular 2-day stroll through Solvang Village. A great way to discover new favorites, sample local, boutique wines and craft beers as you work up a hunger for more Taste of Solvang happenings. (Must be 21 and over to participate in the Wine & Beer Walk.)
NEW! Sunday, March 22 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Bubbles & Brunch
• New to this year's Taste of Solvang, this exclusive brunch event will be held at Solvang's Wildling Museum. The menu will feature a new twist on some Danish food favorites, blended with the farm-to-table food movement. Guests will also be treated to three different sparkling wines from local label, Flying Goat Cellars' "Goat Bubbles" - a Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Noirs, and a sparkling Rosé. Flying Goat Cellars Winemaker, Norm Yost, will be on-hand to walk guests through each sparkling wine and the sparkling winemaking process, at this scrumptious Sunday brunch - the perfect ending to a delicious weekend! Space is limited; advance purchase highly recommended.
All events may be purchased à la carte or as part of a package.
Taste of Solvang Weekend Passport:
Includes tickets to Sips & Sweets, Grand Tasting, and Wine & Beer Walk. Also includes Souvenir Wine Glass, Wine Charm, Taste of Solvang Map, Visitors Guide, and Souvenir Tote.
Taste of Solvang VIP Brunch Passport:
[$150.00 pp - a $170.00 value!]
Includes tickets and early admission to Sips & Sweets; Grand Tasting tickets; Wine & Beer Walk tickets; and Sunday Bubbles & Brunch tickets. Also includes Souvenir Wine Glass, Wine Charm, Taste of Solvang Map, Visitors Guide, and Souvenir Tote. Extremely limited, advance purchase highly recommended.
Purchase your tickets by visiting our online ticket page.
Advance ticket purchases are highly recommended.
Prices subject to change without notice.